Location of Assignment: Ring road, Accra
Duration: One year renewable, w/ initial 3-month probation
Employee Status: Full time
Hours: 8:00am – 4pm (40 hours/week, with additional hours as required
Supervisor: Marketing and Communications Manager
Application timeline: Friday, 25th October 2019
Start day: Monday, 5th November 2019
About Role Model Africa
Role Model Africa is a fairly young NGO, your choicest youth employment accelerator and human capital development initiative that adopts mentoring to guide individuals and organisations to reach their full potentials. This is achieved through partnerships, corporate trainings, the creation of knowledge-based products such as our books & tailored events: ‘Ideas Pulpit’- a strategic gathering of Christian professionals & entrepreneurs, ‘Role Model Dialogue’- a young professionals and leaders mentoring session and ‘Career Advantage’; designed for students and job seekers.
Role Model Africa has received mentions in Daily Graphic (Ghana), Daily Sun Newspaper (Nigeria), and Africa Rising (an offshoot of Voice of America) for its commitment to mentoring and human capital development in Africa.
Learn more about us: www.rolemodelafrica.org
Social Media: Role Model Africa
- Planning and coordinating all Role Model Africa events.
- Creating graphics and contents for communication and updates on social media platforms.
- Increase brand awareness by preparing marketing materials, articles, drafting and editing; press & copy contents, newsletters & reports.
I. Specific Functions:
- Review & develop content, and manage the production of Role Model Africa marketing and communication documents
- Promote the sale of organisational products and paraphernalia
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with media outlets such a magazines, newsletters television and radio across Ghana
- Develop high quality communications including monthly newsletters and reports
- Develop marketing tools for distribution to stakeholders
- Creating graphics for external communication using Canva
- Creating or editing content or working with video content creators to ensure proper messaging.
(Education, experience, knowledge, abilities)
- At least 1 year of work experience in communications, marketing, public relations or a related field for a large organization or a company where you performed same or similar functions as listed in this material.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or a related field
- Working familiarity with content creation platforms for graphics and video such as Canva and content management platforms
- Strong written & oral communication skills in English
- Strong organizational & project management skills as well as experience organizing large events
- Proven record of basic sales function
- Basic familiarity with graphic design and other creative processes, resources and social media platforms
- Knowledge of social entrepreneurship
If you have 5 or more of the listed competencies, please send; a cover letter, three writing samples, proven record of basic sales function, evidence of social media management skills, evidence of familiarity with basic design & content creation platforms and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted.